Compiling GCC with C++ support

From: Roberto Carlos Navas <navas_at_dns.cdb.edu.sv>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 16:43:25 -0500

Hello Everybody!
I'm new to the list and also to Alpha systems, i'm used to work with PC's
(x86) running Linux for web server, email, databases, etc. I'm now
migrating my comercial web server to an Alpha Server 400 running DEC Unix
4.0B. Now, i have to compile all the software i need: apache web server
1.2, PHP/FI and MySQL database server, all are in source code. But i'm
having problems compiling them, all people has told me, that i need c++ and
prefereably GNU cc compiler and friends (gmake, libg++... and so on), i
have tried to compile those tools, downloaded fron sunsite.unc.edu (latest
version of gcc), but with no success. All i need is to hear someone who
tell me how he did it.... i mean, compile gcc, gmake, and be able to
compile any program in c++. Because i need c++ support in order to compile
mySQL..
Please, i'm in an hurry. Help. Thanks in advance.
Roberto Carlos Navas
Centro de Computo - CITT - Ciudadela Don Bosco
Tel. (503) 2910027 Fax. (503) 2923050
Casa: (503) 2741132