NSR Client License For Other Unix Pricing

From: Surash Natarajan <SURASH_at_omc.otis.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 06:52:00 -0400

Hi,
We have NSR (Networker Save and Restore) backup software running on our
Digital AlphaServer and we also want to backup data from another SUN
machine using the same Digital Alphaserver. In February this year when
we contacted Digital on this, they informed us all we needed was a
client license and software for the SUN environment to backup the data
from the Digital AlphaServer, and provided a quotation for the software
and the license (including the maintenance).
Recently we decided to go ahead with this purchase and requested for a
new quotation as the old quotation has expired. The price in the new
quotation was almost double from the previous quotation that we received
in February. Digital's response to this price increase was that the
price quotated in February was for version 4.2 and the new quotation was
for version 4.3. The new version was suppose to have additional features
(eventhough this is just the client software) and Legato Systems which
is the company that develops this software has changed their pricing for
the new version.

I would like to know from anyone using this software if the new version
provides any additional features to justify for the price increase and
is it true that the pricing for this software has increased so much
within the last few months.

Surash Natarajan
Otis Engineering Center
surash_at_omc.otis.com