SUMM:Re: Problems w/Fortran DFA410 Install...

From: Pam Woods, Systems Manager <axsymgr_at_UAA.ALASKA.EDU>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 16:50:11 -0800

Dec called me back before the list responded.

Anyways, we ended up removing all the DFA* and F9* files in
the /usr/.smdb. area, and removing all the setld -i DFA and F9A
sets ... I think I still had a very old RTL 361 out there
that might have been overlooked ...

anyways all is working and setup correctly now! whew.

On Wed, 13 Aug 1997, Pam Woods, Systems Manager wrote:

> Ok:
>
> > Digital Fortran 77 V4.1 for Digital UNIX Alpha Systems
> > Copying from /mnt/lpcd/dfa410/kit (disk)
> > Verifying
> >
> > 1 of 1 subset(s) installed successfully.
> >

> > DFABASE410, information: You can run the Installation Verification
> > Procedure using the following command from root:
> > setld -v DFABASE410
> >

> > Configuring "Digital Fortran 77 V4.1 for Digital UNIX Alpha Systems"
> > (DFABASE410
> > )
>
> now setld -v fails with:
>
> >ld:
> >Can't locate file for: -lUfor
> >fort: Severe: Failed while trying to link.
> >DFABASE410, error: INSTALLATION VERIFICATION PROCEDURE FAILED.
>
> This is what i thought I had installed:
> setld -i |grep -i dfa
> DFABASE410 installed Digital Fortran 77 V4.1 for Digital UNIX AlphaSystems
> DFACOM410 installed Digital Fortran V4.1 Tools & their Man Pages
> DFADOC410 installed Digital Fortran 77 V4.1 Release Notes and ManPage
> DFARTL361 installed DEC Fortran for Digital UNIX Alpha Runtime Support
> DFARTL374 installed Digital Fortran RTL #374 for Digital UNIX Alpha
> (f90 and f77)
>

> so what am I missing here... f77 and f90 do not work even as commands
> for compiling, man f77 doesn't work at all.... but yet they seem
> to be installed? I've tried deleting them and re-doing it with setld
> and get nowhere.
>
> This probably explains why the /usr/lib/libFutil.a and /usr/shlib/libFutil.so
> links weren't working yesterday...
>
> Has anyone else run into this problem when installing this version of
> fortran? (I'm running Digital Unix 4.0b)
>

> ________
>
> Pam Woods - axsymgr_at_uaa.alaska.edu

________
Pam Woods - axsymgr_at_uaa.alaska.edu