monitor problem???

From: Javid Atai <atai_at_ee.usyd.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 00:28:30 +1000 (EST)

Hello Sysadmins,

We have a 500/266 machine which has powerstorm 3D30 installed
 on it. The monitor has various on-screen digital controls for RGB colors
as well as contrast, brightness etc. One of our users has noticed
that for certain combinations of colors (e.g. 43% Red, 95% Green, 100% Blue
 and contrast 70%) there appear shadows which extend from left to right
along any line with some typing. I myself have always worked on
computers where one didn't have any control on the combination of colors. So I
am wondering whether this problem is monitor related or whether it comes
from a fault in the graphics card.

Perhaps someone who has a similar graphics and monitor might like to see
 if they can reproduce this given the above combination of colors and contrast.

If it's of any help, the monitor type is VRC21 model K4.

Many thanks.

Javid Atai
Email:atai_at_ee.usyd.edu.au