printer accounting: postscript

From: Jorge C. Lucero <lucero_at_mat.unb.br>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 11:31:58 -0300 (EST)

I have seen this same question in the list archives, but have not been
able to find the answers: We are trying to set printer usage accounting in
our system, with an alpha 3000/400 running OSF/1 2.0, and printer DEC
1152. We are getting accounting for text files, but not for postscript
files. The printcap configuration is:

lp|lp0|0|ln07:\
        :af=/usr/adm/lpacct:\
        :br#9600:\
        :ct=dev:\
        :fc#0177777:\
        :fs#03:\
        :if=/usr/lbin/ln07rof:\
        :lf=/usr/adm/lperr:\
        :lp=/dev/tty0j:\
        :mx#0:\
        :of=/usr/lbin/ln07rof:\
        :pl#66:\
        :pw#80:\
        :rw:\
        :sd=/usr/spool/lpd:\
        :xc#0177777:\
        :xf=/usr/lbin/xf:\
        :sh:\
        :xs#044000:

Anybody can tell us what to do to get accounting also for postcript, or
where to find help/info? Thanks in advance.

Jorge C. Lucero
Department of Mathematics
University of Brasilia
E-mail: lucero_at_mat.unb.br