Oracle Database Backup Strategies

From: John Wesson (NZES) <"John>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 11:40:47 +1200

Hi,

I am trying to find the best method to backup our Central Oracle
Database Servers, we are currently using vdump, but need to reduce the
backup time and increase the available on-line time.
I was hoping to recommend an all-emcompassing solution.

I have been trialling a number of products, so far with limited success.

Has anyone already been through a similar exercise and implemented a
sucessful solution ??

Our config is;

2 * TZ877 tapes Drives
147 Gb of Oracle Data