Tempermental Aspen?

From: Andrew Brennan <brennan_at_crashprone.auhs.edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 11:24:55 -0400 (EDT)

   Ok ... I am hoping someone will have some insight on this one.

   I have an Aspen Durango workstation that has been shutting itself
   down frequently. We see LOTS of ECC errors that are "corrected by
   processor", but sometimes it goes down w/o any display errors.

   When it does happen, the box powers itself off. I'm not running
   UPS software on here, so it's not a twitchy UPS telling it to go
   down. DU 4.0B w/o any patches and I'm not sure what other info is
   going to be useful on this one. I have already replaced the power
   supply (our tech support thought it mighty odd that the box kills
   it's own power) and the problem still exists.

   andrew. (brennan_at_auhs.edu)