Long host names

From: Arne Steinkamm <arne_at_Steinkamm.COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 14:33:29 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,
we have problems with long hostnames or in other words, the domain
we install the machines in. The domain part is 30 bytes long and
it contains a - sign.
Now we have *very big* problems with CDE and DCE, all related to
the length of our hostnames.
We have the best possible support because we are one of the biggest DIGITAL
projects currently running but i want to find other people with this problem to
form a discussion group about this and to get additional informations.

Thanks in advance
.//. Arne

--
Arne Steinkamm        | Mail (MIME): Arne_at_Steinkamm.COM         IRC: Arne
Tel.: +49.89.299.756  | URL: http://WWW.Steinkamm.COM/  NIC-Handle: AS306