Video card for Digital AlphaStation 200 4/233

From: Chad Wray <cwray_at_diac.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 22:45:17 -0600

Hi there - I am a student at Denver University and I am taking a class
in Graphics. We will be writing programs that will use OpenGL
libraries. The problem I have is that my system came with a video card
that only has 8 bit planes and only supports 256 colors. What I want is
a video card that supports true color and has 24 bit planes. I have
tried calling Digital, but they can't seem to help me and plus their
video cards are 3,000 and up. I would like to pay no more than $300. I
have been looking at the Matrox Millennium II video card and I know it
supports Windows NT, but I am running Digital Unix 4.0A - does anyone
know if this card works with my operating system or know of any other
cards that would work. The card currently on my system is called - 9FX
Vision 330 (PCI) Graphics Option.

Thank You for your help!!

-=- Chad Wray