Can an alpha server 1000 do more than 640x480 ?

From: Guy Dallaire <gdallaire_at_gustave.revenu.gouv.qc.ca>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 09:09:19 -0400 (EDT)

One of our clients arrived lately in the office with it's own alpha server
1000. We discovered that it did not have a high performance graphics
device. There is an cirrus logic chip in the server but it does not seem to
be able to display more than 640x480 pixels, which is a HUGE problem when
you want to press a button in an X dialog and this button is NOT shown on
the screen and there is NO scroll bars !

Is it possible to modify the Xservers file and put a 1024 in it ?