group and passwd files locked

From: Mark M. Van Overbeke <markvo_at_CAA.MRS.UMN.EDU>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 1997 15:29:39 -0500 (CDT)

I'm getting this message when I try to start dxaccounts:

The password and group files are currently locked by another user.
Please try again later.

I had dxaccounts running when the system locked up and had to push the reset
button to get things moving. Where can I find what is locking this up? I
assume I need to mod or remove something but don't know what.

AlphaStation 500/500
DU 4.0B + jumbo 080897

    Mark

Mark Van Overbeke Sr. Systems Software Programmer
Computing Services
600 East 4th Street
University of Minnesota, Morris e-mail: markvo_at_cda.mrs.umn.edu
Morris, MN 56267 Phone: 1-320-589-6378
--
Success is the progressive realization of your worthwhile goal or dream!