Remote copying files

From: Glenn Newbery <glenn_at_bnd.com.au>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 10:36:24 +1000

Hi there fellow managers,
I am having trouble remote copying files from other machines to or from our
Alpha 1000 DU3.2G as root.
>From the Alpha I can push files to other machines as the root user, and I
can also pull files from other machines as the root user. However when I am
on another machine as root, I cannot push files to or pull files from the
Alpha. If I am logged in as a normal user I can push files to or pull files
from the Alpha no worries. I know this must be a relatively simple problem
to solve, but it has me stumped.
The remote machine has the Alpha in its /etc/hosts.equiv file and the Alpha
has the remote machines name in its /etc/hosts.equiv file. The root
directory on the remote machine has the Alhpa name in the .rhosts file, and
the Alpha has the remote machines name in its .rhosts file.
What am I missing?
Any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance
Glenn.

                   B&D Australia - The garage door people.
        .
    ,--_|\ Glenn Newbery Email : glenn_at_bnd.com.au
   / B&D \ Systems Administrator Voice : +612 9722 5631
   \_,--\_/ Fax : +612 9772 3830