SUMMARY: SW Command Console

From: <alf_at_northpower.com.au>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 07:45:21 +1000

From: Alan Ford_at_NORTHPOWER on 28/10/97 07:45

Hi and thanks to all who replied.

I logged this problem with DIGITAL SUPPORT and they where very quick off
the mark (THANKS KIM).
They said they had this problem with someone else, and they thought it was
how the agent was being run.
The AGENT (steamd) was in '/etc/inittab' and the theory was that 'steamd'
would go into a very, VERY tight loop
which gave the impression that the computer had crashed (it was actually
chasing it's tail).

The fix was to take it out of '/etc/inittab' and run it either manually or
put it in 'rc3.d'.

I have know been running it for nearly a week without it crashing again :)
Again thanks for the help

Alf.....

{Very boring signature}

Original Posting Follows......

From: Alan Ford_at_NORTHPOWER on 23/10/97 08:58

HI all, yesterday I installed StorageWorks Command Console Agent (ver 1.1)
on our 8200 4/440.
Last night it stopped, could not ping, could not logon at the console :(
The last message on the console was

WARNING: too many System corrected errors detected on cpu 8. Reporting
suspended.

The 8200 has been stable for 6 months.

HELP !!!!

(The 8200 is going now WITHOUT the agent running)

Stats for our 8200

4x440 Mhz CPU
2Gb Memory

2xkzpsa which connects us to a fully populated SW800 cabinet
ie
 6 shelves front and back with dual PWR supplies and 6 RZ29-VW each shelf.
dual-redundant HSZ50's (front and back with 128M cache on back and 64M
cache on front.