SUMMARY: CDE Login Problems

From: <david.w.chapman_at_USSEV.mail.abb.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 1997 08:48:48 -0500

Answer:

Only root could see /etc/hosts...

The permissions were set as follows:

   -rw------- 1 root system 2131 Nov 3 10:00 hosts

I have no idea how the permissions changed or if it
was that way from the start.
(I did use the SysMan Configuration CheckList to Add hosts)

Changed permissions as follows:

   -rw-r--r-- 1 root system 2131 Nov 3 10:00 hosts

and everyone can login now.

Note: Now the SysMan Configuration CheckList re-sets the permissions to:

   -rw-rw-r-- 1 root system 2155 Nov 4 08:36 hosts

Thanks To:

Spider Boardman spider _at_ Orb.Nashua.NH.US
Dr. Thomas P. Blinn tpb _at_ zk3.dec.com
Rich Frank rnfrank _at_ cermet.llnl.gov
Robert Otterson Robert.Otterson _at_ digital.com

Original Question: