Was it something I said?

From: <K.McManus_at_greenwich.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 1997 17:31:21 +0000 (GMT)

Trouble's back,

Judging from the sudden lack of response I feel that I may have
touched a nerve.

Lets get this clear...

Solaris - maybe because it likes the thin client concept defaults
to the entire swap being used for /tmp. Use a lot of swap and you
have no space for /tmp. Use a lot of /tmp and you run out of swap.
The system is simple, elegant and makes best use of available
resources. Reboot the machine and /tmp is cleared.

I want to configure all my DU boxes to have a similar configuration.
man mfs leads me to understand that if I create an mfs then this
space is removed from the virtual memory.

I do not want to use a partition for /tmp.
I do not want to borrow part of swap for /tmp.
I want to be able to use multiple disk partitons for swap and /tmp
I want /tmp and swap to be one and the same, allocating resource as
and when required.

I don't think that this is too much to ask.
So how do I do it??

k.mcmanus_at_gre.ac.uk - http://www.gre.ac.uk/~k.mcmanus
Dr Kevin McManus ||
School of Computing & Math Science ||
The University of Greenwich ||
Wellington St. Woolwich ||Tel +44 (0)181 331 8719
London SE18 6PF UK ||Fax +44 (0)181 331 8665