Console colors and find vs. quota

From: Ubik Sven <UBIK_at_fsid.cvut.cz>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 1997 18:42:47 +0000 (MET-1MEST)

I have two problems in DU4.0B on AlphaServer 4100:

1) Is it possible to change colors used on the server console in text mode?
   I would prefer black background instead of default blue background.
   I noticed that there are environment variables "graphics_backround"
   and "graphics_foreground" with numerical values which can be set in
   the SRM console that seems to be related to the console colors.
   I did not find any description of these variables so I tried to set
   them to various numbers, but the console colors remained the same.
   The SRM console revision is 4.8-7.

2) One of our applications fills up root filesystem (AdvFS filesystem)
   with temporary files, but I cannot find where are those files located.
   When I start certain application function and periodically issue the
   following command:

     quota -v myname ; find / -xdev -user myname -print

   the quota command reports growing space consumption on root filesystem,
   but the find command lists no files belonging to the given user (except
   for some terminal devices). How can I find where are the files stored?

Thank you very much for any advice.

Sven Ubik

Sven Ubik Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
                               Czech Technical University
E-mail: ubik_at_fsid.cvut.cz Technicka 4, Prague 6, 166 07
         ubik_at_acm.org Czech Republic