DNS setup

From: Khaled Abu Mallouh <khaled_at_just.edu.jo>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 13:17:31 +0200

hello managers

I am in auniversity which is newly connected to internet.
we dont have subdomains yet but only we have a just.edu.jo domain
now we like to setup a hirarchy of domains and subdomains:
sc.just.edu.jo
ee.just.edu.jo
etc
I read about NIS+ in SUN systems. I am not sure if there is an NIS+
on digita and is it advisable to setup NIS+ ,knowing that I have
NT,Solaries
and Digital unix servers.
other option is to use DNS, if somebody who have experience in this
matter, espicially unversity systems administarators , and wants to give
me some information about
how to setup this structur.
another thing.:
I want all the users in my domain: just.edu.jo to send and recieve mail
as
name_at_just.edu.jo even if they are on differnt servers or subnets in the
same domain . is it possibe and how?

thank you all

khaled abu mallouh
khaled_at_just.edu.jo