How to check ASE failures ?

From: Christophe Retourna <retourna_at_univ-troyes.fr>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 19:11:37 +0100 (MET)

Hi managers,

We run ASE 1.3 on two alpha stations under DU 3.2D.(lauren and greta)
We have two disk services (rita and marilyn) which export two disks
(applications ans users account) located on a shared storage bay.
(rita is located on lauren by default, and marilyn on greta).

The problem : sometimes (beteween 1 and .... much more times in a month! )
ASE detects a network failure on greta, so it stops the services, and the
users stop working !

We do not identify the failure reasons (collisions on our LAN ? seem to be
correct ...), but they don't take a long time.

So we thought to raise the timeout for HSM, the question is : how ?

If you have any suggestions .....

TIA

Chris

Christophe RETOURNA retourna_at_univ-troyes.fr
Ingenieur de Recherche (33) 03 25 71 76 28

Centre de Ressources Informatiques
Universite de Technologie de Troyes
12 rue Marie Curie
BP 2060