Backup on several workstations

From: <Eskil.Swahn_at_ldc.lu.se>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 12:37:33 +0100 (MET)

Hi!

We currently have a situation here at work that involves the problem of
getting backup taken of several workstations, the major part running
Digital UNIX, but some SunOS too. I am wondering if anybody has a nice way
of getting one backup-tape filled with the nightly backups of all the
machines (less than 10 all in all)? At the moment we do this through NFS,
but I would like to avoid that in the future, since at least one of the
machine contains very sensitive data. It is my understanding too that
AdvFS prevents the use of 'vdump'.

Anybody who has a smooth solution to this?

/Eskil

| Eskil Swahn |
| Eskil.Swahn_at_LDC.lu.se tfn +46 46 222 4986 |
| |
| |