Addendum: Running rcp

From: Renato Huliganga <renato_at_bhl.com.au>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 1997 14:10:51 +1100

My original post have caused a lot of 'please elaborate'. My apologies! Follows is a more detailed description of my problem.

I think I have made all the required configuration changes on both machines. (eg. /etc/hosts.equiv, $home/.rhosts) as suggested by the 'man pages' of both machines.

The error message's are:

'Permission denied'. (run 'rcp' at the SUNSPARC, source machine ALPHA, destination machine SUNSPARC)

'stty: : Invalid argument' (run 'rcp' at the ALPHA, source machine SUNSPARC, destination machine ALPHA)

FYI.
I have other UNIX machines (SCO, Unixware, Solaris, LINUX) - they all run rcp well and good.

Thanks
RJH