not mounting disks on reboot

From: Oyanarte Portilho <portilho_at_tritium.fis.unb.br>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 09:59:24 -0200

Hi Gurus,

We have a DEC Alpha 3000-600 running DU V3.2 (Rev. 214) which has
two internal 1 Gb disks and a SCSI column with six 2 Gb disks and
a tape unit. After a power failure the diks in the column (except
the upper one) are not being checked by fsck and being mounted
during boot normal procedure any more. In order to get those file
systems running again we have to fsck and mount them manually.
The file /etc/fstab looks like OK. Any ideas of what is going on?

TIA,

        Oyanarte Portilho
        Institute of Physics
        University of Brasilia, Brazil