Reloading Question

From: Timothy M. Schreyer <schrey_at_ks.unisys.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 14:03:15 -0500 (EST)

  Hello,

     I've inherited the system administration of a DEC 3000,
  Model 300. It's had a hard disk crash and I've replaced
  the disk and reloaded the base OS. The latest version I
  could find here was X2.0 of OSF/1. I found the License PAK
  for OSF-BASE and that all went smoothly.

     The problem I'm having is that in amongst the yellowed
  and crinkled partial set of documents I've found for the
  machine, I cannot find the License PAK for the developer's
  modules like OSF-DEV, etc. I didn't think I'd needed these
  until a developer (me) tried to run the debugger and received:

Valid license for one of the following required when not using dbx on kernel.
Product OSF-DEV (OSF Developer's Kit): No license found.
Product OSF-DEV-USER (OSF Developer's Kit Concurrent Use): No license found.
Product OSF-DEV-G (OSF Developer's Kit Type G): No license found.

  The compiler and link environment all seemed fine, even for
  Motif.

     So I guess my question is: What is the best way to re-acquire
  an old License PAK? I'm sure the original one is long gone and
  I'm also sure no one here has maintained a maintenance contract.
  I do have the original packing slip showing the Developer's
  Extensions and the License PAK for OSF-BASE.

     Thanks for any ideas,

       Tim
--
 Timothy M. Schreyer                         schrey_at_ks.unisys.com
 Weather Information Services                (610) 444-2449