SUMMARY: Slow DNS lookups (DU4.0D/AlphaStation 200)

From: William Bradford <mrbill_at_frenzy.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 23:29:19 -0500

Thanks to the following people who helped me with my problem:

David Warren <warrenatmos.washington.edu>
John Speno <spenoisc.upenn.edu>
Craig Biggerstaff <Craig.T.BiggerstaffUSAHQ.UnitedSpaceAlliance.com>
Sean O'Connell <seanstat.Duke.EDU>

It boiled down to the fact that my provider had changed the IP address of
his primary nameserver (at least the one that I was using as primary), and
my Win95 box just timed out and hit the right one sooner. I changed the
lookup order in resolv.conf and now everything is hunkydory.

*sheepish look on face*.

Now, if I can only get X to come up in more than 8bit color.. I've got a
2mb Trio64 card (gonna install my 8mb ZLXp-E2 TGA tonight), and finally got
WindowMaker running...

--
Bill Bradford * mrbill_at_frenzy.com
"One World, One Web, One Program" - Microsoft Promotional Ad