SUMMARY: LAT TS as a console server

From: Robert L. Bailey <rlb_at_cruiser.engin.umb.edu>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 11:14:27 -0400 (EDT)

It seems that my real problem was a missunderstanding in respect to LAT
devices/terminal servers. I was under the impression that the solaris
side needed to be "LAT" aware. This is not the case. Solaris doesn't
have to know anything about LAT.

Once I configured the service, and the port to no modem control, access
remote, and used a wire (null modem) crossing pins 2 & 3, with 7 strait
through, the connection went fine.

Thanks to all who responded, and to Bruce Taube <Bruce.Taube_at_InfoAve.Net>
for the winning answer.

I've docummented the process of setting up a Emulex 2500 with 1 modem,
1 Sparc (console & tcpip), and a DU4 (lat [allowing access to a TS modem
via a lat tty on the DU box]). If I get a request I can sent a "big
picture" Summary to this list.

Thank you all for your help!!!

Robert Bailey