Upgrade with ASE installed

From: Boddy Bill NTSE <bill.boddy_at_siemens-scg.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 17:16:17 +0100

Hi,

I currently have an ASE ( 1.3 ) cluster that sits on 3.2G.

My intention is to upgrade to 4.0D. I know that first I have to do an
installupdate to 4.0A and then another installupdate to 4.0D.

Part of the preparations for upgrading to 4.0A , is to delete certain
layered products before I start. One of these is ASE .

Is there anyone out there who has gone through this before ?

If so , is there anyway of preserving the ASE configurations so that
when I reinstall , it will be less painless ?

Also , any gotcha's / helpful hints to anyone who has done this before.

Thank you in advance

Bill