Overland LXS 4115 & AS 2000 5/300 / Digital Unix 4.0d

From: Thomas Strandenęs <thomas.strandenaes_at_adm.uit.no>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 18:41:37 +0200

Dear group,
today I received a Overland LXS 4115 15 cass. DLT loader for use on a AS
2000 5/300 with DU4.0d and Digital Networker (DEC NSR). Our Digital
dealer/supplier told us this was a possible configuration, and the Overland
LXS was the same price as the equivalent Digital product with a 5 cassette
capacity - clearly the Overland product was a better buy. However, I'm now
unable to make it work, and worse - it's not listed as as supported
configuration on neither Digital nor Legatos hardware compatibility lists
(it's listed as *unsupported* under the Legato product, HWCL dated Feb.
1998). However, the Digital hardware comp. list is rather cryptic, and I now
wonder if anyone else is using this (or another Overland LXS product) with
Digital Unix (and Networker)? or was my dealer wrong and I have to return
the thing?

(BTW, it's visible from within the 'scu' utility, as:

   Device: LXB Bus: 0, Target: 4, Lun: 0, Type: Medium Changer
   Device: DLT4000 Bus: 0, Target: 5, Lun: 0, Type: Sequential Access

)

All answers or tips greatly appreciated.

With regards,

--
Thomas Strandenaes
Computing Centre