Q: C program to mount/umount disks?

From: richard n. frank <rnfrank_at_wolfram.llnl.gov>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 07:46:52 -0700 (PDT)

Good morning,
   I will be putting a Jaz drive on a 4.0D personal workstation. On VMS systems
I have a Fortran program which is installed with privilege. It calls .com file
which mounts a disk. I would think the same sort of thing could be done in UNIX
with a C program. I'd experiment with a Fortran program but alas, we have a C
compiler for DU but no Fortran.
   Has anyone created a C program which can be set to "suid" to allow unprivilged
users to mount and umount a disk?
   Thanks for the help.

                rich frank
                rnfrank_at_llnl.gov