QUESTION: DECEvent Analysis

From: Steve Copeland <steverc_at_enerco.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 08:14:54 +1200

Does anyone know what I have missed here (script below), or is this
(output email message at end) what should happen in a perfect world?
(I'm obviously suspicious because I'm sure mine is far from perfect!)
host_name='hostname -s'
DIA_LIBRARY=/var/DIA
export DIA_LIBRARY

dia ana 1>/usr1/local/sys.logs/DECEvent-Analysis.rep 2>&1
if [ $? -eq 0 ] ; then
  msg="Analysis"
else
  msg="ERROR"
fi

cat /usr1/local/sys.logs/DECEvent-Analysis.rep|
mailx -s "DECEvent ${msg} Report for ${host_name}"
copelands_at_enersis.co.nz tank_at_enersis.co.nz

A man (dia) page extract reads:
ADDED VALUE COMMAND EXAMPLES
Perform manual analysis on events from an event file
(/usr/adm/binary_errlog.old).
dia ana -f /usr/adm/binary_errlog.old
FILES
/usr/adm/binary.errlog default event log file
/etc/binlog.conf binlogd configuration file
logger(1)

And the referenced files do exist...
# ls -l /usr/adm/binary.errlog /etc/binlog.conf
rwxr-xr-x 1 bin bin 376 Nov 16 1996 /etc/binlog.conf
rw-r--r-- 1 root adm 1116864 Aug 17 15:01
/usr/adm/binary.errlog

The (email) output of this script (above) follows: