DEC 3000 upgrades

From: Eric Gatenby <raptor_at_mailhub.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 13:57:55 -0400 (EDT)

We have a bunch of DEC 3000/300's here and want to upgrade some of them.
One of the upgrades needed is another SCSI bus. The system manual says that
a PMAZC-AA is a dual SCSI TURBOchannel module. Is this my only choice for a
SCSI controller? Are there any other options? Currently, we have a BA35X-VA
StorageWorks cabinet hanging off the on-board SCSI controller if that makes
a difference.

Another upgrade is RAM. How is Kingston memory in these systems?
Kingston sells a 64meg kit for these systems for about $100-120. Digital
memory costs too much, so I am trying to find other options if possible.

Thanks for any help.

--Eric

--
Eric Gatenby  -=-  raptor_at_mailhub.com  -=-  egatenby_at_mailhub.com
http://www.netaxs.com/~raptor/         -=-  PGP: Web page or key server