SUMMARY: Copying files to secured directory

From: Gary Munroe <GMUNROE_at_flemingc.on.ca>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 15:49:55 -0500 (EST)

A resounding response of SUDO by most people which sounds exactly
like what I want. Thanks to all for the replies.

> From: Self <GMUNROE.Brealey.Fleming>
> Subject: Copying files to secured directory
> Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 10:32:19 -0500 (EST)

> Here's the situation:
>
> We have users who FTP conversion files to our DU4.0D server to their
> directory. These files then have to be copied (currently manually by
> admin) to a directory that requires root privilages. The directory
> that the files are copied to are required by the conversion program
> to be in that specific root-only directory (pre-bought package). Is
> there a way to allow the user to move the files over on their own
> WITHOUT giving them root authority and without us copying the files
> over for them?
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

| Gary Munroe |
| I.T.S., AS/400 Services Work: gmunroe_at_flemingc.on.ca |
| Sir Sandford Fleming College Home: izzi_at_calweb.com |
| (705) 749-5523 x1409 Web: http://www.calweb.com/~izzi |