[Q] dump and NSR

From: Blake Roberts <BlaRob_at_HBSI.COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 15:10:28 -0700

First disclaimer: I apologize if this has been written and summarized
to the list before. My proxy server is choking on me, so I can't get to
the archives.

Now for the question:

I am working on implementing NSR as my backup system for all of my
AlphaServers. It has been strongly recommended to me to use "dump" for
my root and user partitions so that I can rebuild my OS, then use NSR to
restore the rest of my data once I can get the OS rebuilt. I would like
to automate this entire process so that I can just have NSR start the
dumps, then once those are finished, to run it's own backup for the
data.

Is this possible? ( I know I'd have to write a script for this )

Can I write the dump files to the same tape, or should I change tapes
before running the NSR backup?

TIA,
--Blake Roberts
blarob_at_hbsi.com