can't sync monitor with video card

From: Chris Pressley <chris_at_sitescape.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 13:34:27 -0400

I have an alphastation 255 with a PowerStorm 3D30 2D/3D graphics
accelerator(PBXGB-AA). I'm having trouble finding a monitor that will sync
properly with it. Actually, out of 5 monitors that I've tried, only one of
my 17" monitors will work. Unfortunately, I don't want to use that one. I
have other 17" monitors, plus several 15" monitors that won't bring up a
display. They will work properly in console mode and while the system is
booting, but not in the CDE.

How can I change the scan frequency, or some other settings, to use my
other monitors with this system? The monitors that won't work are all
fairly new, decent monitors (one is a Digital PCXBV-EZ 15" Color Monitor).
I bought this system used, so I unfortunately don't have any documentation
on it or the graphics board.

Thanks,
Chris
Director of Technical Services