can't sync monitor with card, rev. 2

From: Chris Pressley <chris_at_sitescape.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 14:04:08 -0400

David, Sean, and Don all responded (thanks) and told me of a rotary dial on
the video card. Well, I took the card out of the box and it doesn't have a
dial on it. I guess I don't have a PowerStorm 3D30 2D/3D, huh? I got the
part number from the Bill of Materials inventory sheet from the vendor that
I bought the box from (it was a used machine).

Anyway, how can I tell what video card I have? It's a long PCI card. Two
chips on the graphics card says VLSI, one says Cirrus Logic, and one says
IBM. There is one jumper, labeled J5, on the card.

Thanks for your help. Here is my original post.

********************************

I have an alphastation 255 with a PowerStorm 3D30 2D/3D graphics
accelerator(PBXGB-AA). I'm having trouble finding a monitor that will sync
properly with it. Actually, out of 5 monitors that I've tried, only one of
my 17" monitors will work. Unfortunately, I don't want to use that one. I
have other 17" monitors, plus several 15" monitors that won't bring up a
display. They will work properly in console mode and while the system is
booting, but not in the CDE.

How can I change the scan frequency, or some other settings, to use my
other monitors with this system? The monitors that won't work are all
fairly new, decent monitors (one is a Digital PCXBV-EZ 15" Color Monitor).
I bought this system used, so I unfortunately don't have any documentation
on it or the graphics board.

Director of Technical Services
SiteScape, Inc.