sizing up the system

From: <douglas_at_gpc.peachnet.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 16:51:15 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I look at our Alpha 2100a and know that it needs more memory, just
from looking at the vmstat fluctuations on free mem and how low it gets.
My questions is are there any good tools that can really give me some
good data to present to higher ups that can answers things like:

1) how much swapping is really going on (we currently have 1 gig of mem)
2) how often is the system running out of memory
3) is the disk i/o a bottle neck
        (we have a storage workds raid array 230 with 4 meg of write
         back cache, expandable to 32).
4) what else should I consider?

Thanks for any help,
Cheers,