mail program compatible with exchange

From: George Gallen <ggallen_at_slackinc.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 17:26:07 -0400

Are there any mail retrieval programs which are non-x
which will allow getting/sending mail off an exchange
server (not smtp). I want to have users on digital unix
be able to get/send mail that is on the exchange server.

Yes, getting the exchange server to forward the mail
to the unix system would be ideal, but unfortunatly our IT
dept wants to standardize the mail system, so rather than
having the exchange server forward, I would like to do the
oppisite and have the digital unix retrieve it. I would
imagine that would involve other issues such as having
to logon to the NT server and/or the exchange server.

Is this possible? Any links, programs, ideas.

POP3 came up as an alternative, but apparantly there seems
to be some problems related to that and they (IT) didn't
want to go that route.

Thanx
George Gallen
ggallen_at_slackinc.com