SUMMARY: Unzip

From: <jackb_at_pgw.picker.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 07:17:28 -0400

Original Problem:

> Unzipped files have incorrect date

I received a few email messages from people who had the same problem.
I also received several emails from people with soutions to my problem.
I list these solutions in no particular order.

Thank you all.

Solutions:

Brian Hostetter <brianh_at_netins.net>

Get gzip utils. You can get them from any GNU site. ftp.cdrom.com for one.

Gyula Szemenyei <szemgy_at_rkk.hu>

Try du version of PkWare's pkzip. You may download it from
www.pkware.com.
Paul A Sand <pas_at_unh.edu>

I got zip and unzip from the FTP site

ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/infozip/src/ and I am not experiencing the same problem.
`unzip -v' reports:
UnZip 5.31 of 31 May 1997, by Info-ZIP. Maintained by Greg Roelofs. [..]
Gary George <GGeorge_at_edc.gov.ab.CA>

I've been lazy; I pulled the precompiled binaries from:
ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/infozip/UNIX/DEC

Source is in ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/infozip/src, except for the strong
encryption stuff, which is at ftp://ftp.icce.rug.nl/infozip/src

George Gallen <ggallen_at_slackinc.com>

unzip -v on my machine (3.2c but a later version of unzip)
shows:

$ /usr/mbin/unzip -v
UnZip 5.20 of 30 April 1996, by Info-ZIP. Maintained by Greg Roelofs.

Latest sources and executables are always in ftp.uu.net:/pub/archiving/zip
Tom Webster <webster_at_ssdpdc.lgb.cal.boeing.com>

I can't speak for 4.0D, but I do have a version that runs fine with 4.0b
and 4.0c with the latest patches. It is also newer than the version that you
are using (and I think it may even be out of date). Try fetching a newer
(non-beta) version:

----- snip ----- snip ----- snip ----- snip ----- snip -----
501 webster_at_tinman:~$ unzip -v
UnZip 5.20 of 30 April 1996, by Info-ZIP. Maintained by Greg Roelofs. Send
bug reports to the authors at Zip-Bugs_at_wkuvx1.wku.edu; see README for details.

Latest sources and executables are always in ftp.uu.net:/pub/archiving/zip, at
least as of date of this release; see "Where" for other ftp and non-ftp sites.

Valentin Nakov <Valentin.Nakov_at_physik.TU-Ilmenau.de>

I have compiled/built both and I'm using them with success:

/> zip -v
Copyright (C) 1990-1996 Mark Adler, Richard B. Wales, Jean-loup Gailly
Onno van der Linden and Kai Uwe Rommel. Type 'zip -L' for the software License.
This is Zip 2.1 (April 27th 1996), by Info-ZIP.
Currently maintained by Onno van der Linden. Please send bug reports to