Fastest synchronous writes

From: Lars Bro <lbr_at_dksin.dk>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 1998 06:25:16 +0200

Hi,

I am being asked to produce a system that can do a high rate of
synchronous writes (a transaction log). The amount written per call is
less than 1 k.

I suppose the best to do is to buy an UltraScsi adaptor KZPBA and a
DS-RZ1BB-VW 10.000 rpm disk. Then I might add a PrestoServe card.

I suppose that I can get something like 10 ms/write on such a system?
Or what ? Better ideas?
--
   Lars Bro                                        lbr_at_dksin.dk
   ABB Daimler-Benz Transportation Signal A/S      +45 36 39 01 77