SUMMARY:GUI to manage RA7000/ESA10000?

From: Judith Reed <jreed_at_wukon.appliedtheory.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 11:41:49 -0400

I was looking for the fancy GUI that I'd seen used to manage the DEC raid
arrays, that gives you a picture of the array and all its components, and lets
you manage via the mouse.

A number of folks pointed out that it is the StorageWorks Command Console.
The current version is 2.0, and the software appears to be downloadable
from the DEC website:
        www.storage.digital.com
and there's a description of it at:
        http://www.storage.digital.com/homepage/support/swcc/swccspd03.htm
and also info at:
        http://www.storage.digital.com/homepage/support/swcc/index.htm

We actually got the software and doc with our array, but the pictures
in the manual did not look like the demo I'd seen, so I thought it wasn't the
same thing. According to the website, however, it is indeed the management
GUI.

There is server software for Digital UNIX (downloadable from website) and
3rd party OS agents (not downloadable).

The big FLAW is that the client software, which is where the GUI displays,
only runs on Windows NT or Windows 95 on an *Intel* platform!!! Here we sit
with lots of spare alphas, and we need a stinking PC!!!

The client connects to the server via serial port, scsi bus, or TCP/IP.

Thanks to all for the help.

--
Judith Reed
jreed_at_appliedtheory.com