QUESTION - last(8) command

From: Copeland, Steve <IMCEAEX-_O=AVIARY_OU=MOA_CN=RECIPIENTS_CN=STEVERC_at_southpower.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 09:45:43 +1200

Hey Gurus, does anyone know how to reset the database to enable the
/usr/bin/last(8) command to display current information.
The last command works well on one server, but on the other it only returns
information older than May 1998.

I'm managing Digital UNIX TruCluster V1.4A (Rev. 95) on 2 x Digital UNIX
V4.0B (Rev. 564 - Patch level 7) Alpha 4100s.
The man page shows the accounting file to be /var/adm/wtmp which has the
same permissions and ownership on both cluster members, with similar file
sizes and up to the second modification times.
I'm obviously hesitant to just delete /var/adm/wtmp and see how it gets on
creating a new one (maybe?) without at least trying to find out if there is
another way.

I'm stumped, and now find that I need this info desperately for timesheet
entry reasons.
Cheers.

Steve Copeland
Computer Systems Engineer

Enersis Limited - (Northern) DDI : 09 359 6225
PO Box 4302 Pager : 026 250 9231
20 Beaumont Street Fax : 09 359 6320
Freemans Bay, Auckland E-Mail : copelands_at_enersis.co.nz