Action on swap full

From: T. S. Horsnell <tsh_at_mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 13:39:38 +0100 (BST)

AS2100, DU 4.0D patchkit 2, lazy swap enabled.
In the past (ie 3.2G and earlier as I recall) the action taken
by the system when swap filled up was to delete a user-process
(based on I-know-not-what criteria) to make room.
Since 4.0, this policy seems to have changed, and now,
I believe, the system deletes the longest-idle process.
Like inetd or xdm for instance. Have others noticed this behaviour?
Is there a config param to make it delete user processes
first, and only root stuff as a last resort?

Cheers,
Terry

tsh_at_mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Terry Horsnell