Using a KZPAC-CA to mirror the boot disk

From: Kevin Erickson <kevine_at_ncrinc.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 20:34:01 -0400

Managers,

I have an Alphaserver 2100 running DU 4.0A with an rz28 system disk, and
rz28 & rz29 data disks, JBOD.

It has been requested that I mirror the Operating System Disk as well as
migrate the data disks to RAID 5.

Can I do this with a KXPAC-CA Array 230/Plus Controller? Does this
controller support boot disks under DU4.0? Would the mirror disk
support booting from it if the Primary Boot disk were to fail?

I would appreciate feedback from anyone who has performed this task.

TIA,
Kevin Erickson
Kevine_at_ncrinc.com