Problem with /usr

From: Keith C. Barth <barthkei_at_aquinas.edu>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 1998 12:05:15 -0400

Managers:

I came in this morning to find that the /usr directory was 100% full,
when it was not near that yesterday. I ran through the subdirectories
and could not find anything out of the ordinary.

We are running DU 3.2c on an Alpha 2100. /usr is mounted to a RZ29
with UFS.

I would appreciate any input you might have on what I could do. Is
there a way to add more space to /usr? I am used to doing that with
AdvFS, but am a little uncertain of how to do it with UFS. Also, are
there any particular spots I can look for abnormally large files.
(I have checked all the logs and they seem fine).

Thanks,

Keith C. Barth
Applications Systems Manager
College Computing