quota used problem

From: <Bjorn.S.Nilsson_at_nbi.dk>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 1998 17:34:13 +0100

Hello,

After upgrading to DU 4.0D I have a quota problem on an UFS file system.
quota and repquota report the soft and hard limits correctly. However,
all files not changed or created after the upgrade are counted as owned
by root, although ls -al prints the correct ownership. New files are
correctly accounted for. One would believe that quotacheck should correct
this, but it does not. The only solution I found is to

chown -Rh <user)

for all directories, and then run quotacheck.

Before doing this rather time-consuming operation I want to ask if
anybody has a better idea. Are there any other/better utilities than
quotacheck that could solve this problem?

TIA,

Bjorn

Bjorn S. Nilsson Email: Bjorn.S.Nilsson_at_nbi.dk
Niels Bohr Institute or just nilsson_at_nbi.dk
Blegdamsvej 17
DK-2100 Copenhagen Phone: +45 35 32 52 83
Denmark Fax: +45 35 32 50 16