uugetty DU 4.0D and US Robotics Sportster

From: Emil <nrivas1_at_tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 22:58:10 -0400

Hi,

Having extreme difficulty setting up a modem for dial-in on a DEC 4100 using
either getty or uugetty. I am able to get the modem to answer the incoming
call but once connection is established I am not getting the "login:"
prompt. Seems to be something related to uugetty not feeding correctly via
the modem. I have been following the steps described in the "modem" man
pages in DU 4.0D with different permutations and combinations to no avail.
Any chance someone could point me in the right direction for additional
hints/info.

Thanks,

Emil