configuring disks in a RA7000

From: Monjar, Daniel <Monjar_at_orgtek.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 10:18:18 -0500

I have 19 disks in a RA7000 with two HSZ70's in a dual redundant config.
The disks are populated bottom to top and left to right as suggested by DEC.
The top controller has preferred ID set to 0,1 and the bottom to 2,3. I
want to end up with two stripped mirror sets. Do I need to take care in
defining the mirrors so that they load is spread as equally as possible
across the controllers? It would be nice if the controllers handled the
discrete devices regardless of how they are configured in disk sets but I
have a feeling that is not the case.

Daniel Monjar
Manager, Systems
Organon Teknika