File Permissions

From: Zack Ellis <zellis_at_hccanet.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 10:45:31 -0500

Once again you guys are fast!

I guess I should have phrased it a little better but you all answered
the gist of my problem.

In the interim I think I may have figured out what the issue is, one of
my software packages writes a temporary file, prior to printing it, out
in
the /tmp directory. We have been having some issue with print jobs
"disappearing" from printers ( users throwing away things without
looking first ), so one of the phone tech support guys wrote a short
script to re-print and then delete those temp files, unfortunately
executed as himself and 2 > /dev/null Something is still resetting the
permissions
on that dir, I'll have to keep digging. Think I'll just run a cron
every few minutes to check
when the perms change and maybe I'll be able to track it a little
better.

Thanks all