Help with compiling Sendmail 8.9.1

From: Don Wilkerson <don_at_tripath.colosys.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 11:55:50 -0700 (MST)

I'm trying to get the latest version of sendmail setup on my alpha, but
when doing a make in the obj directory that was created I get the
following.
  'can't find -lresolv'

I have the latest BIND installed for 8.x and now I'm wondering where is
this library supposed to be located? The BIND directories have an entry
for /usr/local/bind/src/lib/resolv, but that's a directory not a library.

Or better yet, does anyone have sendmail 8.9.1 installed on Alpha and were
there any changes that needed to be made to the files before compiling?

thanks for any help!

                 \\\|///
                \\ _ _ //
                 ( _at_ _at_ )