Running DECwindows/Motif interface; want CDE instead

From: Jon Wright <jon.wright_at_ui.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 10:57:44 -0800

I was just shipped a DU 4.0B workstation from a customer. When I plugged it
in and booted it, it came up with a DECwindows/Motif interface, not the CDE
interface. I checked and CDE appears to be installed:

$ setld -i | grep -i cde

OSFCDEAPPS410 CDE Additional Applications
OSFCDEDEV410 CDE Software Development and Programming
Examples
OSFCDEDT410 installed CDE Desktop Environment
OSFCDEMAIL410 installed CDE Mail Interface
OSFCDEMANOP410 installed Ref Pages: CDE Development
OSFCDEMANOS410 installed Ref Pages: CDE Admin/User
OSFCDEMIN410 installed CDE Minimum Runtime Environment
OSFSDECDE410 Software Development Desktop Environment

I looked through the contents of /sbin/init.d and /usr/dt/config and
/usr/var/dt but nothing in any of those directories seemed to indicate a
preference for DECwindows/Motif over CDE.

How do I configure this system to run in CDE mode?

As always, thank you for the help.

--
Jon Wright
Unified Information, Inc.