1280x1024 resolution

From: <jetaylor_at_csw.L-3com.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 16:22:52 -0700

So how do I get my resolution to 1280x1024? I am currently operating at
1024x768 without any problems. I found in the release notes, directions
for setting it to 800x768 so I tried the same method without success. I
can't believe it would be this difficult to set.

I am running DU4.0D on a 5/480 VME board with a EBVXG graphics
module(TG8AM). I am also using a Z-microsystems Z-panel 20, 20-inch
flat-panel monitor which claims to support 1280x1024. The graphics card
has a DIP-switch setting for that resolution. I have verified the proper
setting there but there must be something to do on the OS side.

I have tried additions to /var/X11/xdm/Xservers and
/usr/dt/config/Xservers but I'm not sure I was making the proper changes
since I couldn't find any examples. The changes I made did not appear to
have any effect anyway. After making changes to these files, I did a
reboot. Is there maybe something else that has to be done to load the
changes?

Any ideas?
John E. Taylor

john.e.taylor_at_L-3com.com