Extra "Comsat" processes

From: Steve Timm <timm_at_strange.phy.albany.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 14:48:08 -0500 (EST)

Since I recently upgraded my systems to Digital Unix 4.0b
I have been having the following problem...it seems that over
the period of a couple days the system fills up with
a large number of processes called "comsat", which are owned
by the user who is logged in on the console (using CDE window manager)
and eventually that user cannot make any more processes
and the only way to clear this that I have found is to either
kill the processes one by one or reboot the system.

Does anyone know what is causing these processes, and how to stop them?

Steve Timm